Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

TO SELL A 1905 E 1 & HAMLIN UPRIGHT GRAND PIANO. CAN YOU

Customer Question

I AM LOOKING TO SELL A 1905 E 1 MASON & HAMLIN UPRIGHT GRAND PIANO. CAN YOU GIVE ME A VALUE?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Can you give me a detailed description of condition and last date of tuning? Any photos available? If so, please attach here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the date of last tuning. I will go get photos today. Can I call you? My number is(###) ###-####

Hi, I won't be able to make a call for about an hour and that additional service would be another $20 on top of what you paid. Would you like me to send you a request for that service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'll send you more info after I take the photos in an hour or so

Ok thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am told now that the insides all have to be replaced and the wood refinished. The ivory keys are all in good condition. What would the value be? Janet

Thanks for the information. Apologies for the delay, for some reason I received no notification of your reply. I'm not surprised the piano needs significant work. This is almost always the case with a piano over 100 years old that is in original condition. The thousands of mechanical parts wear and need replacement. The cosmetic condition would also decline over the years, as yours has. Upright grand pianos produced a good sound due to their large size, but in the case of the condition of yours and the old age, it won't have much value remaining. In the current used piano market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $400-$700. The value is slightly higher than most because of the quality of the Mason & Hamlin brand. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating at the top before leaving--this is the only way I'm credited for answering your question. Thanks!

Hi, do you need more help with this? I show the question is still open and unrated.