Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a Chickering baby grand 5'5" (?). Apparent serial

Customer Question

I have a Chickering baby grand 5'5" (?). Apparent serial number is ***** 24
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. Can you double check the serial? There should be no space in the number. Also, was the piano only refinished or was additional mechanical work done?

Hi, just making sure you are able to reply within this question. Please do so when you're able so we can keep working on this. The other question has been closed. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the page is confusing. Previously there was no obvious place to enter a reply. I think where I wrote back went to somebody else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The piano exterior is not refinished. The piano store man said interior work had been done some unknown time ago, including new pads. I wish I had listened more carefully. This was about 10 yes ago. It has been tuned yearly and the action and sound seem very good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cellphone reception is notnverybreliable in this bldg. leave msg and I'll call back?

Thanks for the info. I am looking into this. I'm not able to place a phone call right now. Is it ok to complete this online only?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure - online is fine. The number I sent earlier had the first 3 digits on top, and the next 2 underneath.

Ok, I'll check into that, however the number shouldn't be like that. It would be found on the metal near the strings and tuning pins. You may find another five or six digit number in that area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll look and get back to you thanks. It won't be until tomorrow or Wednesday, the piano is being moved to our new home

No problem. Thanks