Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a gulbransen piano bought in 1953 with a plate with a

Customer Question

I have a gulbransen piano bought in 1953 with a plate with a numbered amount made. How much is it worth and where can I sell it?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

I would need the serial number to be able to fully complete this question for you please. What is the full height measured from the floor to the top of the closed top Liszt? I am assuming that the felts you mentioned are the replacement of hammer felts, is that correct? When was this work and the turnings completed and was the piano regularly tuned and maintained before that. Do you know if any of the other main internal mechanics may have been replaced or restored before 1953 or over the years or is it all still as originally built please?

For some reason the editing system is not working at the moment, so where it says Liszt it should be lid - it is a problem for predictive text!

Hello again. It looks like you have not viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive the Email to advise you that the information request is on here waiting for you. So I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you.