Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a statler baby grand piano that I am trying to find

Customer Question

Customer: I have a statler baby grand piano that I am trying to find out more about. I cannot seem to find this company online at all. I do know that the piano has been in my family since 1963 and was purchased used.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am looking into the possibility of selling it but don't know anything about its worth. It does need to be tuned. It has real ivory keys (somewhat damaged) and needs to be tuned. I haven't played it since our last move as I couldn't afford to get it tuned at the time and don't know who to call to have it done.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Musical Instrument Appraisal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Unfortunately, there's no available information on this piano company in the piano atlas either, just a mention of their existence. If you can attach some photos here showing the inside and outside of your piano I would be happy to judge condition and give you an approximate value.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok but it might take a day or 2

Ok, no problem.

Hi, I've not received a reply from you, do you still need help?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do but won't be able to get you pictures until the weekend. Daughter is coming to take them for me.

Ok, no problem.