Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a circa 1970 Winter Piano in good shape. What is it's

Customer Question

I have a circa 1970 Winter Piano in good shape. What is it's value?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you want a picture of the piano? It says Winter (registered trademark symbol) and New York Toronto, in the corner it says equipped with practiano
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My dad bought this piano for me in 1975 and it was used, so I don't exactly how old it is. Bought in Texas.
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

Do you have the serial number please so that I can fully date your piano. The number will probably be a 6 digit number and start with 4 or possibly 3. I am assuming that this is an upright piano so could I please have the full height measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know where to find the serial number. Inside the piano says Made in America. Unitized construction $1065 and Aeolian Corporation.It is an upright piano that measures 38 inches floor to top of closed lid.

Thank you for your reply Janie. Please have a look at this website which should help:-

www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html

Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case and part numbers. Please try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the numbers.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am no longer interested in this conversation

Thank you for letting me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I no longer need the service of this website. thank you