Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I own a 1912 chickering grand piano. It is not in very great

Customer Question

I own a 1912 chickering grand piano. It is not in very great shape. It is also quite large, as you would know. I do not know if it is worth having appraised. I cannot afford to refurbish it (wish I could) but someone else might be interested in such a project. Is it worth the cost of an appraisal? Approximately how much would that be?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me the overall length and serial number and condition?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wayne, Where is the serial no. typically located? I'm having trouble finding it-the piano is in an awkward position in the room I will contact you with the measurements and serial no. 12/29. Thanks for your patience. Anne.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

The number is ***** located on the harp near the tuning pins but could be elsewhere. If you say its from 1912 the that's good enough.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the piano measures 6', 7" from back to front. Condition is fair, at best.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

In fair condition this would sell for $800-1000 at auction and on the secondary market.

Thanks,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,