John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

What is the value of my M P Haines and company spinet the

Customer Question

What is the value of my M P Haines and company spinet the piano from near 1960 and in perfect condition
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to say 1969.
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you.

This size of upright piano is no longer made because the reduced height resulted in a smaller soundboard and thus it produces a lower volume ‘thinner’ sound when compared with a full sized upright. Based on a build year of 1969 your piano is 46 years old.

One of the overriding factors in any appraisal valuation on a piano is the age and condition of the internal mechanics.

Based on the information I have, the age, the size, type, the condition as described and assuming it has been regularly tuned and maintained, I believe your Haines Spinet Upright piano has a value in the $700 to $1000 range for a private sale.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service and receive a 5 star rating, therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH' button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.

If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’ I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of similar sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me.

Hello again. I see that you have viewed my answer to your question but not yet followed up on the question process. So may I ask if you need any further help? If you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, I would be very grateful if you could please click on the Star Rating button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top of this page. Thank you.