Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

, I have 2 pianos that I need to see asap One is a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 2 pianos that I need to see asap One is a Lauter Player piano The other is a Victorian Pump Organ
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Musical Instrument Appraisal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I can be reached by text at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 12 months ago.

Hi, we can only complete one appraisal prepaid question. Which item would you like help with for this one?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Lauter player piano

Thanks. I'm still looking into this for you. Can you tell me the age of serial of the piano?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
49352

Thank you for your patience. I've looked over the photos and information on this company. The Lauter piano company has been out of business for decades, though existing serial records indicate this piano was built in 1915 in New Jersey. The photos show a piano which appears to be in excellent condition. The exterior may have been refinished at some point. The interior looks original, though if any rebuilding was done, it was likely 30 or more years ago. The stained glass on the front of the piano is a nice decorative touch that most players of the era didn't have. Based on the photos, maker, age and used piano market, I would recommend a price of approximately $1,500-$2,000 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a rating at the top before leaving so I am credited for my time working with you. Thanks!