Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Jesse French & Sons serial#8187 in very good condition

Customer Question

Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

The serial number records for this maker start at 9000 for the year 1896 so the serial number 8187 would be a few years before then. Is it possible that there is a number missing and it is a five digit number? Also piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have similar numbers other than serial numbers, such as case and part numbers which adds to the confusion. If you need to know where to find the serial number please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html

Is this an upright piano or a grand piano? Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained. Do you know if any of the internal mechanics have been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please?

Hello again. It looks like you have not viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive the Email to advise you that the information request is on here waiting for you. So I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you.