Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a Laffargue. Serial number 76084 piano piano. In good

Customer Question

I have a Laffargue. Serial number 76084 piano piano. In good condition. New keys and felts. Recently tuned. Sounds good
I believe it is early1920s.
Could you tell me need information and a possible value.
Thank you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

Prior to the recent tuning, was your piano regularly tuned and maintained? Were all of the key tops replaced and re-felted or were the hammers and dampers re-felted and when was this completed please? If you have any pictures showing the internal parts and the keys, which you could attach on here with the paperclip on the menu bar, that would be very helpful.

Hello again. It looks like you have not viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive the Email to advise you that the information request is on here waiting for you. So I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currently the pianlo is being moved on the 28th Dec. at this time I will take the photos you require. Thank you

Thank you for the update. When you have the pictures please come back on here to your question and add them. The question becomes automatically closed after 7 days but you can reactivate it by completing the reply section with the information and pictures as you have just done. I wish you a very happy Christmas and look forward to completing this question for you later in the month.

Just checking back with you to see if you managed to take any photos of your piano, particularly of the internal mechanics, to send to me as discussed. Thank you.