Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

We just purchased a Double Bass son. The price tag was

Customer Question

We just purchased a Double Bass for our son. The price tag was expensive, but we got it on a special dealer discount. I'm looking to see what the real appraisal may be but am not finding anything online that helps.
Is there a reputable way to get an appraisal?
***** ***** and Son (Selmer) 08/02 Bottesini Double Bass. WLB 236 #5577 3/4 size
In good shape, but used with a few cosmetic blemishes. Original price tag $11,200. our price $2400. I would like to get insurance on this and want to provide the appropriate valuation.
Thank you!
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 12 months ago.

Hi Cristina,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

I can give you a valuation based on the information you are giving me, or I can refer you to an appraiser who will examine the bass in person and produced a certified appraisal report. Your insurance company's requirements should determine which form of appraisal you use. Please let me know your preference.