Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Chickering Baby Grand piano purchased new about

Customer Question

I have a Chickering Baby Grand piano purchased new about 1997. It is high gloss black with piano disc player with symphony. The piano is in excellent condition, plays and sounds great. The symphony sound system is not working, but the player works fine. The serial number is(###) ###-#### ***** HLE. Height is 3 ft 2.5 in. length is 5 feet. Unfortunately, we are downsizing and need to sell the piano and need to have an idea of what it is worth.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I'm looking into this now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I supposed to wait for an answer?

Hi, I'm working on your answer right now. You'll get an email once I've submitted it so you don't have to stay online.

Thanks so much for your patience! Early Chickering pianos were of very high quality, though after 1908 when they had financial trouble and were consolidated, the quality began to decline. This company became part of the American Piano Co. which went out of business in the 80's. This is an Asian built piano whose only connection to Chickering is that of the name usage. Based on your description of condition and considering the used market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $3,600-$4,800 in a private sale. Best wishes!