Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I have a Giovan Paolo Maggini violin and it is in very good

Customer Question

I have a Giovan Paolo Maggini violin and it is in very good condition My question is: The violin has a number on the label after the name of the maker, 1649. Is that the date made? Would also like to know how much it would be worth.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. This is a copy. These were made mostly in the 1920s in Germany. The label was not meant to decieve, but states which violin specifications this was built on. These retail for $800-1200.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure. Please consider me with any future questions and take time to rate my service.

Thanks again,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,