Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a cable serial number 18265b circa 1935. I purchased

Customer Question

Hi i have a cable nelson serial number 18265b circa 1935 . I purchased at mary pickford's estate auction 2008 , i believe this piano belonged to marilyn monroe, purchased by her mother glady's mortensen . I saw on the internet that marlyn sold it in 1955 and i believe she gave it to mary pickford and mary helped her set up her production compony. I would love your help. Thank you inadvance
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

Are you searching for details of the history on this piano. Do you have any written provenance?

Has the piano been regularly tuned and maintained. Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please? Can you please attach some pictures on here using the paperclip on the menu bar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have not found any information on the piano so i cant pay you if you need pictures there on the interent at kuliens auction

I do not think I am going to be able to help you with this so I will opt out and maybe another expert will be able to assist you.

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Phyllis,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

In order to give you an accurate valuation, I need you to answer some questions for me:

Has the piano been regularly tuned? Has it had any internal restoration? Do you have anything in writing that says it was Marilyn Monroe's or Mary Pickford's? This information is important for the appraisal.