LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Need an appraisal on a Haines Brothers Cabinet Grand Piano

Customer Question

need an appraisal on a Haines Brothers Cabinet Grand Piano
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Please allow me to research this and post back here shortly.

Hello, do you happen to have a photo of the piano? I am looking up the values now and just wanted to look over for condition and style of piano.

Here is some information on the company

Haines Brothers Piano Company was established in 1851 by Napoleon J. Haines and his brother Francis W. Haines in New York City. For the first 20 years, they built a nice selection of Square Grand Pianos before building their first upright pianos in 1870. Haines Brothers was known for building high quality, lovely sounding instruments and they were very popular for several decades. Their grand and baby grand pianos became popular after the turn-of-the-century. In the 1920's, Sherlock-Manning Piano Company took control of Haines Brothers, building the Haines Brothers brand name until ceasing operations in 1945.

These Cabinet Grand Pianos were produced from 1870- 1930s so I will need to see a photo to review for age and condition if possible. Or, if you can tell me the age I can give you an estimate in value.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
serial number 29075
please note that spindle on floor in photo is from a kitchen chair

Thank you for the photos and the serial number here are the values for the piano you have: in poor condition the value is 100-300.00 In good , $1,800-2200.00 in good working condition and 9,000-15,000.00 in restored to factory new condition. Your photos shown look to be in great condition for the age if it plays I would say the value is 2200.00 if selling on secondary market today. For insurance purposes I would say to insure for $3,000.00. It would hard to find a piano of yours in the same condition and quality. Thank you and if you have further questions please let me know I am happy to help always.

When you have a chance please rate the answer as this is how I am paid form the site. Thank you and if I can help further just let me know as I am happy to help more if possible on this.