Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Our family inherited my mother's Steinway grand piano. I am

Customer Question

Our family inherited my mother's Steinway grand piano. I am not sure of the size. I guess it is at least 6' long. It dates from around 1920 it has not been rebuilt & yet it has an unbelievable tone & sound. It is now in State College, PA & is going to be shipped to Orlando FL. I NEED TO KNOW THE VALUE OF THIS PIANO.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. Until I have completed the answer for you please be sure not to click on any of the star rating or payment buttons. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process later.

This could be an 'O' model which was introduced in 1920 at 5 foot 10 inches long or an 'L' which was introduced in 1923 at 5 foot 10½ inches long. Prior to the tuning 15 years ago was it regularly tuned?

Hello again Ann. Do you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you.