Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I was in process to get an appraisal on my violin and saw

Customer Question

I was in process to get an appraisal on my violin and saw that I had a typo in the description.
I would like to understand more about a violin I purchased at an estate sale. Inside, there are two labels: a quite old paper with ink and quill or metal nib writing that I cannot decipher and that almost looks like a foreign language. Also, the date 1865. At the bottom of the old label is another more modern from a repair person, F H Schulenberg, in Detroit, MI, with no date. The top of the violin looks like it has been replaced. The scroll is I would guess from the asymmetry hand carved. The back has wood pins. I think I is called a 7/8ths or "ladies" violin. W
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal