LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a lagonda from 1924, how much would you estimate it's

Customer Question

I have a lagonda from 1924, how much would you estimate it's value at? It needs some work done so I'm looking to restore it but would like an idea of what it will be worth when it's in good condition
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. These cars were classic tour cars back in their day. In good driving condition the prices range from $80,000 to 100,000.00 depending on which you have. Aston Martin said on 1 September 2008 as reported by Automotive News Europe that it will relaunch its Lagonda brand to help it expand into new markets such as luxury sedans and celebrate Lagonda's centennial anniversary in 2009. There are more driven in the UK then in any other part of the world. Very nice classic car. If I may be of further help or if you have a more specific question please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What? It's a piano.

Oh I am sorry. I was thinking the Lagonda classic car. Please forgive me I will opt out of the question for you if you wish or continue on to help with the Lagonda piano I am truly sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to appraise the piano? It's from Jesse French & sons piano company

Hello, yes The Jesse French and Sons Piano Co out of New Castle Ind. Is yours electric or foot powered? They came in the two types. Also do you have a serial number or style plate on the piano anywhere?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's foot powered
Serial 91337

JESSIE French & SONS PIANOS, once owned by J. Neal Irwin,*****, Rochester, NY. Established 1875; a division of the P. A. Stark Piano Co., 2160 N. Ashland, Chicago 14, Illinois. Other names used in the past, Ackerman & Lowe, Continental, Frenchetts, Jefferson, Krell-French, Lagonda, Browning.

First pianos made in Nashville, Tennessee, under name of Dorman French & Smith later New Castle Indiana at 1811 – 7th Ave. and***** formerly division of H. A. Selmer; also affiliated with Krell French.

Thank you I will look up the number and post back here shortly. Thank you for allowing me to help oyu and I am sorry for confusing the two earlier.

Hello, the serial number places this built in 1923-1925 once restored and tuned the value would be $4800-5500.00 in full playable condition.

If there are further questions please let me know as I am happy to help you.

If you have other questions on this piano please let me know. Thank you