twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have an accoustigrande Chickering Brothers full grand. I

Customer Question

I have an accoustigrande Chickering Brothers full grand. I am preparing to sell it. I am trying to locate the serial number on it but cannot. Can you help?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have looked all over the "gold" plate. All I can find is: Chickering Brothers Improved CAPO D'ASTRO BAR WITH "EQUALIZING LUC" DEVICE PAT MAY 19, 1908. Scale B-2. Duplex Scale. The ACCOUSTIGRANDE Made by CHICKERING Brothers, Chicago
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

The attached file is a diagram that should help you find your serial number. Please lte me know if I can do anything else for you. Otherwise, I'd appreciate your positive rating.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Except for looking behind the keyslip, there are no other numbers anywhere. I guess your instructions to find the serial number aren't going to get me the answer I needed.
By the way, the first part of my question was asking for an approximate retail value.
Is someone else looking into that? The mahogany case is in great condition. The piano is 72 inches long.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

If your piano is in fully restored condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $25,000, providing it can be tuned and hold a tuning. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $10,000, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating!

You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.

Thank you so much!