twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I would like to know the market value of a Pramberger

Customer Question

Hi. I would like to know the market value of a Young Chang Pramberger Signature Series PG-157. In excellent condition and tuned. Purchased new around 2000
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with this question.

The Young Chang Pramberger series pianos are held in high esteem, particularly because of the involvement of Joe Pramberger, who is nos deceased.

It sounds as if your piano is well-maintained. If it is in excellent condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $12,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $4,800, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating!

You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.

Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Judith. what is the basis for the 40% discount you applied?
Mitch
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

HI Mitch,

The retail value is the amount you'd have to pay if you walked into a piano store and bought this piano, or the amount for which you should insure it.

The fair market value is the amount you could get if you sold it on your own to another individual. That amount usually runs about 40% of the retail amount. That's the rule retailers use. They will pay you 40% of what they stand to get when they sell it.