Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Looking to purchase a piano Daugter.. Seller listed it as

Customer Question

Looking to purchase a piano for my Daugter.. Seller listed it as 125th yr edition 42" piano for $1900. The serial number is(###) ###-####
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Hi, can you tell me the maker? Is there an online ad for this piano you could direct me to with photos?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the maker of the piano is Baldwin. is it a good piano and what is its worth? here is the link to the listing.. THANKS for your help!
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/5236183768.html

Thanks for the info! I've examined the ad you send. I also checked the serial which dates this piano back to 1987. At 42" tall this would be a console sized piano. This type of piano was most often built for the home and the cabinet design is often indicative of that as it is here. I think the asking price is fair for this piano. Based on depreciation it could sell for a few hundred dollars more so it sounds like these folks have it priced competitively. These don't resemble a Steinway in sound so that really isn't a fair comparison. There's a reason a comparable Steinway would be at least twice as much. That said, this is still a good quality pianos you could depend on. Best wishes!

Hi, I notice this question is still open and you haven't replied or selected a rating to complete it. Do you need more help with this?