Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Vslue of walnut shoninger upright piano in good condition

Customer Question

Vslue of walnut shoninger upright piano in good condition needing new insides
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

What is the height and age? What work does it need inside?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 57 inch tall. Told made in 1896, needs new board, strings, some pads . Once told parts about 1000 to 1200

Thanks for the info. An old piano like this is usually found to be in poor condition due to the interior parts wearing over time. I'm not surprised about the extent of work needed. Because of the old age and condition there isn't much value in the piano. Based on the current market you would only be able to sell for about $100-$200. Improving condition does improve value, though I would think the repairs you need would cost well over $1,000 and would caution spending much on a piano like this unless you want to keep it and enjoy it. Usually you don't see much of a return on investment when you sell soon after reurbishing. Hope this helps--best wishes! Please select a rating at the top before leaving--it helps me out quite a bit. Thanks!