Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Wellington Chicago piano serial no. 60861 can you

Customer Question

I have a Wellington Chicago piano serial no. 60861 can you tell me how old it is and it's value it's in good. Condition
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question! When was it last tuned and what is the height of it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4ft 6in tall I have never had it tuned it all opens up and looks like a big harp on the inside

Thanks for the information! I find this piano was built in 1904 from the serial number records for this company. Wellington pianos were made by the Cable company and then later by the Ivers and Pond company. In regards ***** ***** it is important to know that a piano declines in condition as it ages, unless restorative work is undertaken. A piano has an average lifespan of about 70 years before it has lost most of its value because of this. It is therefore not practical to call a piano which is over 100 years old in "good" condition. By appraisal standards, it would be considered in fair to poor condition just due to the age of the mechanism (action). These old upright pianos are very common on the used market and they usually sell for very little unless they have been extremely well taken care of. The lack of tuning of yours also causes some loss of value. Based on the used market and comparable sales for similar items, you could expect to sell for approximately $100-$300 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating before leaving--it really helps me out by crediting me for my time with you and by telling the site that your question has been completed. Thanks!

Hi, just checking back to see if you needed anymore help? Please let me know. Otherwise, if this completes your question, please select a rating at the top. Thanks!