Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Looking to purchase a Lowery Majesty Organ Model LX510 for $

Customer Question

Looking to purchase a Lowery Majesty Organ Model LX510 for $ 2000.00. Seller claims it is in excellent condition. Is this a good deal????
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the link to the online ad so I can view the photos? Do you know the age of it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See it on "ebay Lowery organs" [ Majesty Model LX510 ] @ buy it now for $ 2000.00 ( Shrewsbury, PA )
Don't know age!

Thanks--I've viewed the ad now. This model was made in the 90's and Lowrey organs have advanced technologically quite a bit. This was indeed one of the better organs offered at the time and would have sold for a hefty price tag, though Lowrey's take a huge hit when sold because they are tremendously overpriced and depreciate quickly. I think $2,000 is a reasonable price for it but I'd be more comfortable closer to $1,500. I checked the previous listings on eBay and it looks like they have been trying to sell it for about a month, with an initial listing price of $7,500! (they never would have gotten that). The current price represents two price reductions. Keep in mind the shipping costs for something like this if you're far away. Just shipping across one state could run at least $500 and that may not include delivery. Also note this seller has no feedback so make sure you ask any questions you need to. There are a lot of Lowrey's on the market across the US. You may try checking craigslist and other local listings for whats in your area. Best wishes!

Hi, checking back with you as I've not seen a reply or rating. Do you need more help with this?