John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

We have a 2003 baby grand piano in excellent condition. The

Customer Question

We have a 2003 Young Chang baby grand piano in excellent condition. The serial # ***** ***** We are wanting to sell the piano. Can you help me determine it's value ?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you.

Based on the information I have, the details you have provided, the size and age of your Young Chang Baby Grand Piano, I believe it has a value in the $6,000 to $7,000 range for a private sale. If you were to sell to a Dealer then it would be up to 30% less than the average of this price range.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with an excellent service and receive a 5 star rating, therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click 'RATE TO FINISH', as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.

If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’ I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of similar sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me.

Hello again. I see that you have not yet followed up on my answer to your question so may I ask if you need any further help please?

I would also just like to let you know that unless you complete the question process by giving a rating for my answer I will not be credited for the answer and receive my percentage from the amount you have agreed for this question. So if you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, could I please ask you to click on the rating/star button/box. If for any reason you cannot see the rating/star button/box please just send a reply to this message on here with the rating you wish to give. Thank you again.