Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Wm. Knabe piano # 107056. It was owned by a movie

Customer Question

I have a Wm. Knabe piano # ***** It was owned by a movie actress and we got it from Hank Potter, a film director. It is in good shape and kept tuned. Unfortunately part of the top and one side was exposed to the sun and the surface needs redoing. Interested in the value of this piano. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. Serial only tells me age. Can you tell me if this is an upright or grand and the size?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a grand and quite large. I am unfamiliar with the classification. Should I go to a piano outlet to view them? Or can you tell me how to distinguish the grand size? Thanks, Bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to google to see what the size means. This grand measures 67" or 68", which places it in the Parlor or Professional Grand category from what I can determine. Hope this helps, Bill.

Sorry, I have just seen your reply now. If you go to my website listed under my name you'll find a way to measure and classify. At approximately 5'6" this would be considered a baby grand. It would be considered the next size up around the 6' mark.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your website? The info on Google classifies my Knabe as a parlor or professional grand.?

It should show near my photo and credentials. 5'8" is a baby grand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any website by your photo. This is too frustrating for me. I think I am going to stop here.

You don't want help any longer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.