John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

I have an H. & A. Selmer, Inc. New Castle, IND upright

Customer Question

I have an H. & A. Selmer, Inc. New Castle, IND upright piano, Serial number is ***** Guessing that it was purchased in the 1940's. This was my Grandmother's piano, bought new at the time. My mother was born in 1948. Everything appears original some surface scratches and the screen on the bottom is not attached properly. Needs a really good cleaning and tuning. A couple of the keys don't completing spring back up, but all are present and in tact. Curious if selling would be worth it or if donating would be a better option.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you.

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? What is the height measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid?

If you have pictures of the outside and the inside, particularly the mechanical parts it would be very helpful.

Could you please attach pictures to the reply section on here using the paperclip on the menu bar.

It can be a bit tricky sometimes so if you have any difficulty have a look at the FAQs here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Hello again. I see that you have not viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive it, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you.