John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

I have a Nordiska Baby Grand Piano that is Model 1520 and

Customer Question

I have a Nordiska Baby Grand Piano that is Model 1520 and serial number 25805 and the color is black or 0801. This model also have a built in CD playing system, so it play the piano by itself. It has never been played except for the CD player and is about 6 years old. I am moving and want to sell it. Thank you. David
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question David. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you.

These piano are made by the large Chinese piano maker DongBei and since 1999 have been sold in the U.S. Unfortunately they are generally not of a high standard and thus even though it is only 6 years old it will have suffered quite substantial depreciation.

Based on the information I have, the age, type and current markets, I believe your piano has a value in the $7,000 to $8,000 range for a private sale. I am sorry that it is not better news, apart from it being a Chinese made piano built to a price level it also is rather like a new car which as soon you drive it off the lot it depreciates quite dramatically.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with an excellent service and receive a 5 star rating therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click 'RATE TO FINISH', as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.

If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’ I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of similar sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me.

Hello again. I see that you have not yet followed up on my answer to your question so may I ask if you need any further help please?

I would also just like to let you know that unless you complete the question process by giving a rating for my answer I will not be credited for the research I have done and the answer. So if you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, I would be very grateful if you could please click on the rating button/box. If for any reason you cannot see the rating button/box please just send a reply to this message on here with the rating you wish to give. Thank you again.