Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a piano MF Rachals and Company Hamburg. I want to

Customer Question

I have a piano MF Rachals and Company Hamburg. I want to know its value
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Hi, could you supply some photos of the inside and outside and tell me the age of it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

Thanks. I see the serial in a photo and may be able to find age with that. Please allow a couple hours for me to look into this.

Thanks so much for your patience. It took me a little while longer than expected to find serial listings for this company. Based on those listings I can tell you your piano was built between 1900 and 1903. The candle holders found on your piano are indicative of a time before electricity was widespread. This is about the time they began disappearing from piano designs. The lovely wood carvings on the piano are in good shape and add value and from what I can see of the piano's interior, the condition appears to be above average for a piano of this age. Most pianos over 100 years old see significant wear and are in an almost unusable state--I don't find that in this case. That said, old pianos are worth far less than newer ones due to the decades of wear and use which have occurred and worn down the mechanical action. Based on what I can see of your piano as well as the age and used piano market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $400-$800 in a private sale, depending on local market. Best wishes!

Please be sure to select a star rating at the top before leaving, so I am credited for my work. Thanks!