John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

I have a Monarch pianola in good working order and wish to

Customer Question

I have a Monarch pianola in good working order and wish to sell it and don't know what it would be worth it also has brass candelabras on it unsure whether they were on it from new
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you.

May I please have the serial number. If you need to know where to find the serial number please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html

Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case and part numbers. Please try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the numbers.

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained, particularly the pianola part? Does it play the rolls well with most of the notes working? Do you know when you bought it if there was any record of any restoration/replacement of the internal mechanics, particularly the pianola parts, over the years or do you think it is all as originally built please?

So that I can give you the appropriate value, are you based in Canada?

If you have pictures of the outside and the inside, particularly the mechanical parts it would be very helpful.

Could you please attach pictures to the reply section on here using the paperclip on the menu bar.

It can be a bit tricky sometimes so if you have any difficulty have a look at the FAQs here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert