twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

My friend has a D W Karn pipe organ serial number 34369 do

Customer Question

My friend has a D W Karn pipe organ serial number 34369 do you know how old it is and it's value?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you with this question.

Based on its serial number, your organ was built in 1893. Fully, restored, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of this organ is approximately $14,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of 40% of the retail amount, or approximately $5,600, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.

You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.

Thank you so much!