Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

We have a Kohler & upright that we'd like to sell. We bought

Customer Question

We have a Kohler & Campbell upright that we'd like to sell. We bought it about 20 years ago. I have the model, serial number, but not the exact date of purchase. Can it be appraised?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Please provide the serial, height of piano and when it was last tuned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The serial is IND01410 and the height is 48". It was tuned 10 years ago.

Thanks for the information!

The serial number shows it was built in 1994 in Korea by the Samick Piano Co. "Kohler and Campbell" has been out of business for many years and your piano is an example of a "stencil piano" meaning one company buys the name of a defunct piano business that has had name recognition and then slaps it on their own cheaper piano in order to pass it off as a better product and, in this case, to be American made.

Samick makes many pianos for many different companies in similar fashion to this. Their instruments are on the lower end of quality and price. Considering your description of excellent condition as well as depreciation in value since new, I would recommend a selling value in the current market of approximately $1,800-$2,400. Best wishes!

Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.

Hi, I just wanted to follow up after not seeing a response or rating from you. Do you need any additional help with this or other information? If not, your rating will let me know this is complete. Thanks!