Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I would like to know the fair value of my STECK Baby Grand

Customer Question

I would like to know the fair value of my STECK Baby Grand piano built in 1930 more or less.Walnut case and mecanisme revue every year. I would like to know the price aproximately I can ask for it. My Name is***** live in the South of France. My tel. number is ***** 00.33.4.68.60.32.62. Thank you to answer me as soon as possible.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question! George Steck pianos were American made as you likely know. This company has been out of business for several years now but produced many instruments while open. The walnut wood of your piano adds some value as does the fact you have it tuned regularly. Pianos can sell for a variety of prices across the globe and the price range I am providing would be acceptable in the North American market. Considering your description, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $3,300-$4,000 USD in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please be sure to select a positive rating or "accept" the answer before leaving. Thanks!

Hi, I see you viewed my answer but have not taken action. Do you need any more help with this or would you consider it complete?