Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a 20 year old Weiler upright piano,, never used and

Customer Question

I have a 20 year old Weiler upright piano,, never used and in pristine condition. What is it worth
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Can you provide the height and serial?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
height from floor to top of keyboard (closed) is 29 1/4"
height from floor to top of back of piano is 44"I may or may not be able to give you the model #. Can you tell me where to find it?

The serial should be inside by the strings. If you are sure it is only 20 years old then I don't need it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am positive about the age

Thanks. I'm looking into this now.

Hi, thanks for your patience. I have looked into the Weiler company and found they were in Chicago but only in the early 20th century so either your piano is much older or was from a different company. Can you provide photos of it showing the inside and outside?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well, since I am not computer literate, I can't figure out how to send you the pictures. I did check the inside (not an easy task as I am in a wheelchair. At any rate I could not find any model #. All I found was made in the Netherlands. Apparently when I bought this piano, the sale clerk was less than truthful. I thought I was buying a new piano and that was 20 years ago. Am I able to wait until tomorrow to forward the pictures and/or the model #. I'm afraid it is late here and no one is up and around except me. I will have my neighbor come over and help me find what you need.

Sure. You can come back at any time and add photos. Thanks