Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I began to make a payment piano appraisal Bluthner

Customer Question

I began to make a payment for a piano appraisal for a Bluthner upright grand piano serial # *****

Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean as your question is appearing here. Do you still want help with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need an evaluation for my Bluthner upright grand piano serial number 44145. Please reply to my request.

Thanks. Please describe condition in detail as well as when it was last tuned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is in very good condition and was tuned a year ago.

Thanks for the info. Please allow some time for me to look into this.

Thanks so much for your patience!
In looking into information about Bluthner pianos, I found yours was built in 1895. The quality level of these pianos was high and could be compared with some of the top American brands at the time like Steinway, Baldwin and Chickering. That said, the very old age of your instrument means it has lost most of its value. This is due to depreciation caused by mechanical wear. Without rebuilding/restoration, the value will continue to decline. I'm glad to hear you've had it tuned recently as annual tuning is highly recommended. Based on the maker, age, size, described condition and used market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $800-$1,200. Best wishes!
Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.