Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Wurlitzer baby grand piano that was originally a player

Customer Question

Wurlitzer baby grand piano that was originally a player piano and was changed to a regular piano by act of congress in 1926. It was one of two pianos congress declared could be changed at that time.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. Please do not click RATE/ACCEPT/FEEDBACK until you have an answer/valuation.
Do you have the serial number to complete the dating. Apart from the removal of the player action, do you know if it has had any replacement/restoration to the internal mechanics over the years or is it all still as originally built? Is it regularly tuned and maintained please?
Hello again. I see that you have not viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive it, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you.