Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

How much is my 1890 Gaveau piano The serial number is 22809

Customer Question

How much is my 1890 Gaveau piano
The serial number is *****
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach photos showing the inside and outside of it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you need any extra pictures please tell me.

Thanks for the photos. Can you provide some which show the inside of the piano? Specifically close up views of the strings and tuning pins/hammers. How long have you owned it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you need any other pictures please tell me.
Thank you

Thanks for the photos. For this age, the piano appears to be in very good condition and it has likely had some restorative work done to it both in finish and mechanically. I would suggest getting a better idea of what work was done by having the piano tuner inspect it next time he is out to tune. The size is good and appears to be close to 6'. Markets are very different throughout the world for pianos and so prices do fluctuate depending on where you are. This brand of piano is no longer made as they merged in 1970 with Pleyel. You don't see this brand in America much at all since this was a Parisian company. Based on what I can see from the photos as well as your description of condition, I would recommend a selling range in the U.S. of approximately $5,500-$8,000. The higher end would depend on the scope of work done to the piano and how long ago it was done. Best wishes!

Hi, I see you viewed my answer but haven't responded. Do you need more help with this?