Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

What is the value of 1920 Harvard cabinet grand. Everything

Customer Question

What is the value of 1920 Harvard cabinet grand. Everything intact and in playing condition. Sound board is cracked. Finish is original.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately, because of the very old age and cracked sound board, this piano would be considered in "Poor" condition by piano appraisal standards. For an old piano to just be playable is not sufficient to warrant a better rating. Pianos have a lifespan of around 70 years before often needing mechanical rebuilding which is why the older instruments sell for very little. Because of the condition of yours, I would suggest a selling range of up to $100, though you may find difficulty selling. Sorry for the bad news but hope this helps you sort things out. Best wishes!

Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.