John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

I have an ebony 1986 Yamaha G2 5'7" "medium grand" piano, Serial

Customer Question

I have an ebony 1986 Yamaha G2 5'7" "medium grand" piano, Serial Number R(###) ###-#### As far as I can ascertain from Yamaha, the piano was manufactured in Hamamatsu, Japan.
It is in essentially mint condition. How much do you suppose it is worth?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. Please do not click RATE/ACCEPT/FEEDBACK until you have an answer/value.
Based on the information I have and the details you have supplied I believe that your piano has a current value in the $9,000 to $10,500 range for a private sale.
Yamaha pianos are very well respected in the USA and sell for good prices, so based on your piano being in, as you say ''mint condition'', then a figure in that range should be achievable.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with an excellent service and I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click 'RATE TO FINISH' or ACCEPT/FEEDBACK, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.
If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’ I can only give you a true value based on the current markets and a reflection of recent similar sales. I do not have any control over the limitations and use of this website. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me.
Hello. I see that you have not viewed my answer to your question - it could be that you did not receive it, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please?