Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a steinmetz baby grand piano that I am now wanting

Customer Question

Hi I have a steinmetz baby grand piano that I am now wanting to sell. The patent no is 311470. I have had it for 45 years I just wondered if you could age it for me and a rough value figure. Thank you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. Please do not click the RATE/ACCEPT/FEEDBACK button until you have an answer/valuation. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any recorded listings of serial numbers for this name. This may mean that it is the name put on by the piano business that sold the piano when it was new, so it may have been originally manufactured by another much bigger piano manufacturer. I have carried out an initial search on the patent number but it did not turn up anything. This may be the serial number. Could you send me some pictures of your piano, both inside and out, but particularly the inside showing any details of any markings or numbers and details of the internal mechanics please. Also what is the length of the piano measured from the front of the wooden casework by the keys to the outside edge of the top lid over the front leg furthest away from the keys. Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Could you please attach pictures to the reply section on here using the paperclip on the menu bar.It can be a bit tricky sometimes so if you have any difficulty have a look at the FAQs here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert Thank you.