Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Have a August Forster piano approx. 100 years old maybe more.

Customer Question

Have a August Forster piano approx. 100 years old maybe more. Has August Forster L"obau I/S with a Providentiae Memor logos on it
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide photos of the piano as well as the serial please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking for sreial number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
28749 on one end and 100 on other end
Thanks. That dates it to around 1911. Can you provide photos of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos
Thanks. Please allow me a few hours to look into this for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thankyou
Thanks for your patience! The wood this cabinet is made of is what I typically see in these Forster pianos, almost reminiscent of 20-30 years previous in design. It is important to consider that age is a major factor in valuing a piano. The thousands of mechanical parts break down over time with use and environmental factors and as this condition declines, so does the piano's value. There is some rarity in this piano as this is a German brand which is not so common in the US--that may help with price some. Assuming you've kept it tuned annually and there are no mechanical problems, I would suggest a selling range of approximately $250-$650. Best wishes!Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please, use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Hi, did you need more help with this? If not, I would appreciate your accept or positive rating to close us out. Thanks!