John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

I have a client who has a Steinway baby grand piano 140th anniversary

Customer Question

I have a client who has a Steinway baby grand piano 140th anniversary edition in excellent condition signed by Cliderman
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. Please do not click the RATE/ACCEPT/FEEDBACK button until you have an answer/valuation. Is this a 150th Anniversary model 'S' Grand in the Crown Jewels Collection dated to circa 2003? Could I please have the serial number to confirm the year of build and any other information and /or pictures please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
140th anniversary signed by van cliburn
Thank you for the information. Based on the details, this piano was built circa 1993, so it is in the order of 22 years old. The current new price for a Model S Steinway Baby Grand is from around $58,000 to $89,000 depending on the actual style and type of finish on the casework. The signature of the famous pianist Van Cliburn, whilst enhancing the sales potential, does not in itself add a great deal to the value. Based on the information I have to hand, I believe this piano has a value in the $24,000 to $28,000 range. Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with an excellent service and I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click 'RATE TO FINISH', as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me.
Hello again. I see that you have not yet followed up on my answer to your question so may I ask if you need any further help please?
I would also just like to let you know that unless you complete the question process by giving a rating for my answer I will not be credited for the research I have done and the answer. So if you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, I would be very grateful if you could please click on the rating button/box. If for any reason you cannot see the rating button/box please just send a reply to this message on here with the rating you wish to give. Thank you again.