Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I found two very old violins in black wooden cases one is broken

Customer Question

I found two very old violins in black wooden cases one is broken and has a very old looking label that reads Stradivarius other wrining 17 something I couldn't make out he other two numbers a circle and a star.In the black wooden cases also found the horse hair bow and it looks like all the pieces of the violin are there. The other viomin is not broken but is missing the strings. Can you tell me who would know more about this? Thank you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you with this question. Please tell me the exact wording on the label in the second violin.