Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a Baldwin Grand Piano R -138448, made in America. Mint

Customer Question

I have a Baldwin Grand Piano R -138448, made in America. Mint condition.
I need an appraisal.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. Please do not click RATE/ACCEPT/FEEDBACK until you have an answer/valuation.
The Baldwin R is one of the 'Medium' Sized Grand pianos. Could I have the length measured from the outside edge of the wood in front of the keys to the furthest point away from the keys on the outside edge of the main lid over the front leg please? The serial number gives a build year of 1957. Have you owned it from new and apart from the tuning within the last two years, has it been regularly tuned and maintained before that? Has it had any restoration work to the internal mechanics and the outside casework over the years or is it all still as originally built please?