John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

Dear Mr Tyler, There is a 2002 Schumann I am about to buy,

Customer Question

Dear Mr Tyler, There is a 2002 Schumann I am about to buy, it did look ok and most importantly sounded like that but upon researching on the internet it appears the logo of the one I would like to buy is different from the original one. Do you think it
should make me suspicious. The deposit has been paid, refundable they say, the piano is about to arrive tomorrow. There are 2 links, one is about the one i would buy: http://www.mlpianos.co.uk/#!usedpianos/cwww The other an original looking 122 schumann logo
looks like the original. http://www.headingley-pianos.co.uk/schupright.html#ts120 Please help before paying 1000 pound sterling for a fake :-) tomorrow
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. Please do not click the RATE/ACCEPT/FEEDBACK button until you have an answer/valuation.Having looked at the links you provided, I do not believe there is a problem. Schumann pianos have been made by a number of makers in various countries. Starting from around 1979 they were made by Kimball and Samick. In 1990 they were made in the far east by Samick and are now made in China. I think the differences in the logo reflect the different makers that have made them over the years. Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with an excellent service and I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click 'RATE TO FINISH' before you leave this page, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the experience I have and the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my payment for this question is taken from your deposit only. Many thanks and if you need any more help on this question please contact me.
Hello again. I see that you have not yet followed up on my answer to your question so may I ask if you need any further help please?
I would also just like to let you know that unless you complete the question process by giving a rating for my answer I will not be credited for the answer. So if you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, could I please ask you to click on the rating button/box. If for any reason you cannot see the rating button/box please just send a reply to this message on here with the rating you wish to give. Thank you again.