Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

What is the approximate value of a 54" Young Chang baby grand

Customer Question

what is the approximate value of a 54" Young Chang baby grand player piano Black lacquer. 14 years old
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Any condition issues? How often is it tuned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In very good condition hasn't been tuned in a few years
Thanks for the information. These small baby grand pianos are on the lower end of pricing and the addition of a player allows the dealer to increase the selling price. The player option doesn't add to much to the current value because technology is constantly being improved and most second hand buyers don't want or need a player. This would still be a nice instrument and Young Chang, while priced lower than other Asian makers like Yamaha and Kawai, still makes a good product. Based on your description of maker, age, size, condition and considering the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $5,500-$6,500. Best wishes!
Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Hi, I see you've viewed my answer but haven't responded and want to make sure you don't need anymore help. Do you have any further questions about this or would you consider it complete?