Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Thank You Very Much! I am just looking general information

Customer Question

Thank You Very Much! I am just looking for in general information about a Steinhauer that a parent of a student is looking to buy. They claim it is about 20 years old, the seller bought it for around $8,000(?) and is offering it to them for about $900. Is a Steinhauer a spinet, console, studio upright or upright?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Did I answer another question from you or one similar already? I don't see any other questions listed under your username.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a one time question. I am not signing up for a monthly payment.
I'm sorry, no I asked if I had already answered a question for you? The way you started this question "thank you very much" makes me think it is a follow up to an existing question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many former e-mails and messages of mine have started with "Glory To God! Thank You Very Much For Your Time!" I shortened that for this one. I will now type- Thank You Very Much For Your Time!
I was looking through the internet for information and saw the site. However, I am not signing up as it involves automatic monthly payments. You have done nothing wrong. Do you have any immediate information? Grace And Peace!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my opinion, they should probably buy the piano.
I will need about an hour to work on this and will need you to tell me if this is an upright or grand. If upright, what is the height?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know. To my understanding it is an upright. The height is unknown.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler, It is alright, I thought I would get some immediate information. I can rate you excellent as I know you are very willing to followup on my request. Praise The Lord!
Ok thanks. I'll look into this for you and should have an answer within about a half hour.
I wanted to get back and let you know that the only info about this piano is that they were built in the early 20th century so the info the seller has doesn't seem to be consistent. Is there any way you can get more info about it?