Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

WHAT IS THE VALUE OF A 1974 CHICKERING BABY GRAND PIANO

Customer Question

Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
How often is it tuned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am planning on paying for mover and piano tuning once in my house $300 for moving about 150-200 for tuning.
So you are buying it but don't currently own it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Thanks for the info. These later Chickering pianos were built by the Aeolian American piano company and were not at the same high quality level of earlier Chickering pianos made by their own company. Aeolian American was out of business by 1985. Considering the excellent condition you describe, I'm assuming regular tuning and no cosmetic or mechanical issues. In that case, I would value this piano at approximately $3,400-$3,900. Best wishes!Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please, use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Hi, I noticed you viewed my answer but didn't reply. Do you need more help with this or do you consider this complete?
Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.