Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I am looking at acquiring a sojin baby grand piano at less

Customer Question

I am looking at acquiring a sojin baby grand piano at less than $2000
in pristine condition not in tune, but sitting in someones house for 20 years . I am a pianisist. What should I be looking for when I look at it tonight? Has there abeen any problems with glues and soundboard
I know its no longer made
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
The price is right for this company and the age of the piano. There aren't going to be too many things you can look for yourself beyond the playing action of the piano. Check to make sure no keys stick and they all move freely. Judge the tone of the piano when playing. Check inside to see if you view any rust or broken parts. Ask how often the owner has had it tuned. Annual tuning is recommended. If they haven't had it regularly maintained then you may want to have a piano tech come out and inspect it before buying. Best wishes!Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please, use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.