Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Ludwig & Co NewYork Piano with Seriel #92426. I'm wondering its value an

Customer Question

I have a Ludwig & Co NewYork Piano with Seriel #92426. I'm wondering its value and year.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Is this an upright? If so, what's the height? Why do you want to restore it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes upright. Height is about 5 feet. More interested in fixing the 3 pedals that broke. Doesn't need to be restored because it is in great working condition besides the damage of it falling.
Thanks for the information and your patience. I have found this piano was built in 1916 based on that serial number. In regards ***** ***** the old age really takes most of it away. Pianos decline in value as their mechanical parts wear out and past about 70 years, most of the value is gone. The condition issues with yours also remove additional value. Based on maker, age, size, condition and used piano market, this piano would be worth approximately $100-$200 currently, perhaps twice that if fully repaired. Keep in mind, however that what you may spend on repairs won't be returned if you sell it. It's hard to get a return on investment for a piano this old unless significant rebuilding/restoration is undertaken. I hope this helps, best of luck!
Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Hi, I notice you viewed my answer but have not replied. Do you need anymore help with this or do you consider this complete?